Just in case you’re thinking that we store SPAM as a regular staple in our pantry, we don’t, but after the few recipes that we’ve tried, we might have to include it. Tinned tuna and sardines can get tiresome after a while so when fresh meat isn’t available, SPAM does the trick. Here is another delicious recipe that we tried out while camping at Somerset on Cape York – super easy and super yummy, we had to add it to our SPAM series.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tin of SPAM with bacon
- 1-2 tsp minced garlic (depending on how much you love garlic)
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1-2 tsp butter
- 1 packet of quick Carbonara pasta (we used San Remo)
- Spring onion, pepper and chilli flakes to taste
- Dice the SPAM and finely chop the broccoli.
- Heat olive oil in a pot and cook spam, broccoli and garlic together for about 5 minutes or until the SPAM is browning.
- Add the required water for the Carbonara recipe and bring to the boil.
- Add the butter and contents of the Carbonara packet. Stir and cook for the required length of time as specified on Carbonara packet.
- Add chopped spring onion, pepper and chilli flakes to taste, dish out and eat. Serves 3.
This meal was delicious, even as leftovers the next day. Really tasty.