Hello – Juz here… Allow me to blow your mind.
A few years ago, I went on a cooking adventure and made a turbaconducken. Cooking the turbaconducken was so much fun and it was so delicious, it inspired me to create panbaconcakes.
Panbaconcakes are an absolute treat and making them is super easy. They are simply pancakes embedded with bacon.
- Cut up bacon into small pieces and cook on BBQ or frypan to your desired crispiness.
- Prepare pancake batter (whether you want to make your own from scratch or purchase some shake’n’bake batter – up to you). We used a maple syrup flavoured pancake mix and put in enough water in so that it was runny but still thick and gooey.
- Pour pancake batter onto hot plate/pan and sprinkle with bacon pieces.
- Once one side is cooked, flip and cook the other side.
- Serve on its own or with a fried egg, maple syrup, slices of cheese or chocolate spread.