Our first night in Sydney was spent at Glebe Point YHA, a relaxed hostel in Sydney’s inner city area. With public transport nearby, it’s just minutes from the city centre and there’s plenty to do within walking distance, like restaurants and cafes, pubs and shopping centres.
The hostel sleeps 151 guests and has a variety of accommodation options, such as multi-share dorms, double/twin rooms and ensuite rooms. There’s plenty of space around the hostel, so it’s great for families too.
On the ground floor, you’ll find the reception area and tours desk, with jobs and car sales noticeboards nearby. There’s also a funky games room with a few consoles for any gaming nerds.
Downstairs is another games area, with a ping pong table, pool table and fusball table. If you’re looking for a more quiet stay, there is a study area and free Wi-Fi. The kitchen is fully decked out with gas stoves, toasters and microwaves, and there’s heaps of storage space for food and fridge stuff.
One of our favourite parts of the hostel was the rooftop area. With BBQs, sun chairs, comfortable lounges and an awesome view of city, you could spend all day up there.
- Bus Stop – 35m from the hostel. How good is that! The 431 bus will take you through the guts of the city, all the way to the Rocks.
- Supermarket – The closest supermarket is Lucky 7, about 270m down the road. If you want a bigger supermarket, IGA is 800m from the hostel, while the major supermarkets are 1.6km away at Broadway Shopping Centre.
- Pub – the Toxteth Hotel is only 400m away and does trivia, cheap meals and live music.
- Light Rail – The Glebe Light Rail is a 750m walk away towards the Toxteth and takes you all the way into the city.
- Market City – 2.7km. Markets and the best Asian food court in Sydney.
- Martin Place – 4.2km. The heart of Sydney and the location of the Channel 7 studios and Lindt Café.
- Young Henry’s – 4.2km. A great craft brewery in the backstreets of Newtown.
- Bridgeclimb – 5.6km. For a unique Sydney experience, check out Bridgeclimb. If you have an Opal card, it’s a short bus trip away.
- Sydney Opera House – 5.6km. Australia’s most famous icon.
- Sydney’s Luna Park – 7km. Just for Fun!
Glebe Point YHA is located at 262-264 Glebe Point Road. Reception is open in the morning from 8:30am-12:30pm and in the afternoon from 4:00pm-7:30pm. To make a booking or enquiry, call 02 9692 8418, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website https://www.yha.com.au/hostels/nsw/sydney-surrounds/glebe/