On our way out of Geelong, we stopped off at the Odyssey Tavern & Brewery in Mount Duneed to sample the fare. They have a massive selection of craft beers available on tap, as well as tasting paddles so that you can try a bunch without committing to a full pot.
We ordered one of these and tried the following beers:
- Southern Bay Requiem Pilsner – a pale beer that was light and refreshing with a fruity aftertaste.
- Hawthorn Pale Ale – an award winning beer with a strong citrus and floral aftertaste
- 4 Pines Pale Ale – delicious entry with a bitter finish
- Moo Brew Saison – tart and fruity with an earthy, smoky aftertaste
- McLaren Vale Dark Ale – a rich coloured beer that smelt like toffee. It was smooth and sweet with hints of coffee and chocolate but still quite crisp. Our favourite!
- Mountain Goat Rare Breed Black IPA – wood fire smoke and tar were the first things that come to mind. This beer had a very robust flavour.
We also got to try Odyssey’s own brew – the Odyssey Golden Ale – which was easy to drink and had a strong, yeasty finish.
All the beer tasting made us hungry so we ordered a bowl of chips. What we were presented with was much, much more! A bowl of potato quarters that had been roasted and fried to create golden nuggets with a crisp shell and fluffy centre. They were well seasoned with salt flakes and was served with aioli infused with chilli and rosemary. Perfect!
A big thanks to Matt and Grant for making us feel so welcome. Your establishment is great and we hope that you guys keep going strong for many years to come.